Accounting & Finance
IN - MH - Mumbai
SitusAMC Holdings Corporation (“SitusAMC”) is a leading independent provider of innovative, trusted solutions supporting the entire lifecycle of both commercial and residential real estate finance, with a 30+ year history of delivering strategic outsourcing, talent, technology/data services, and advisory solutions to the commercial and residential real estate finance industry.
The Company has 5,000+ employees serving over 1,500 blue-chip bank and non-bank clients across the finance industry from more than 30 offices globally.
SitusAMC is majority owned by Stone Point Capital, a leading private equity fund with over $30 billion in assets under management globally, and the U.S. private equity group of the Canadian Public Sector Pension Investment Board.
The India Finance Leader role is responsible for consolidating the accounting, financial reporting, internal financial controls, and the accounting policies across our India entities: SitusAMC India Private Limited and Assimilate Solutions India Private Limited (SitusAMC India and Assimilate India, respectively).
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer and partnering across Finance and cross-functionally, s/he will transform processes by driving improvement, automation and offshoring to Shared Services in India. The transformation will emphasize speed, accuracy and efficiency, and will accelerate monthly and annual closings as well as building and providing detailed key financial, measures, metrics and analytics by Segment, Product, Client and Investments for effective management decision making.
This role will support the MD and Head of India, assisting the MD as needed with Finance activities and Country Leadership.
The successful candidate will be hands-on, detail oriented, and technically strong in India and U.S. GAAP and Controllership concepts. S/he will be result oriented and operate with a process improvement and execution mindset.
S/he will help build a highly motivated and collaborative team through recruiting, developing, and retaining high-performing individuals, while inspiring commitment, energizing and motivating team members to achieve targeted outcomes.
The job location will be in one of the cities where we have our India offices: Mumbai/Chennai/Gurgaon/Bangalore/Pune/Hyderabad
· Hands on involvement in day-to-day India accounting activities, including treasury, vendor invoicing, and human resource related areas including payroll, payroll taxes, Provident Fund and Gratuity
· Drive consistency with policies, and principles across SitusAMC India and Assimilate India entities, including consistency with firm-wide policies promulgated by the Chief Accounting Officer.
· Provide overall leadership to our India Finance teams and ensure that the company’s internal financial controls are effective.
· Collaborate with Finance team leadership to produce timely Monthly Management Reporting with KPIs, driver based insights (the “Monthly KPI Deck”) and Budget variance analyses.
· Coordinate month-end financial statement close and coordinate export invoicing with the US parent entity.
· Manage external audit, including preparation of the statutory audit report. Act as the liaison between the accounting team and external independent chartered firm.
· Provide required information to external tax firm and review provision calculations
· Maximize offshoring opportunities for Accounting and FP&A tasks and continually evaluate business processes and drive process improvement and automation to increase control, improve efficiency and effectiveness.
· Develop, motivate, and retain top talent, providing a high level of mentorship to create and maintain a best-in-class collaborative environment and timely, optimal problem-solving. Be a role model for the India Finance Team.
· Proven strong technical global financial controller of an India based US financial services company, preferably in the Mortgage industry, with experience in closing cadence, process improvement, systems conversions, internal financial controls, management of multi-location accounting functions, and credibility with auditors.
· Demonstrated knowledge of local and tax accounting rules of India and GAAP knowledge.
· Demonstrated ability to understand complex accounting processes and employ effective auditing capabilities, with specific experience managing the month-end close process.
· Demonstrated ability to identify and execute operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives to improve resource optimization.
· Hands-on operator with good communication skills, a results-oriented collaborative style and proven track record leading, delegating and growing teams.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a high degree of proficiency in Excel and Word.
· Solid knowledge of and experience with ERP/major general ledger systems, e.g., Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, QuickBooks, Oracle, and Business Intelligence reporting systems, e.g., Workday/Adaptive Insights, Tableau.
· High attention to detail and excellent organizational and writing skills.
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
· Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant (preferred) or ICWA.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.