SitusAMC is where the best and most passionate people come to transform our client’s businesses and their own careers. Whether you’re a real estate veteran, a passionate technologist, or looking to get your start, join us as we work together to realize opportunities for everyone, we proudly serve.
At SitusAMC, we are looking to match your unique experience with one of our amazing careers, so that we can help you realize your potential and career growth within the Real Estate Industry. If you are someone who can be yourself, advocate for others, stay nimble, dream big, own every outcome, and think global but act local – come join our team!
The Chief Accounting Officer will assist the Chief Financial Officer in building a best-in-class finance and accounting organization. They will lead the controllership and accounting organization for Commercial and Residential Real Estate in the US and Europe, India Shared Services, and Corporate Functions. The position is responsible for accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, and the accounting policies necessary to support SitusAMC’s significant growth plans globally.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and partnering across Finance and cross-functionally, they will transform processes by driving improvement, automation, and offshoring to Shared Services in India. The transformation will emphasize speed, accuracy, and efficiency, and will accelerate monthly and annual closings as well as building and providing detailed key financial, measures, metrics and analytics by Segment, Product, Client and Investments for effective management decision making.
The successful candidate will be hands-on, detail oriented, and technically strong in GAAP and Controllership. They will be results oriented and operate with a process improvement and execution mindset.
This role will help build a highly motivated and collaborative team through recruiting, developing and retaining high-performing individuals, while inspiring commitment, energizing and motivating team members to achieve targeted outcomes.
The role is remote, with travel to other Company offices as needed to build/enhance key relationships and ensure team focus and collaboration. The accounting team works remotely from the Company’s offices in Houston, TX and India.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deliver the consolidated, Segment and Corporate financial statements of SitusAMC and certain key subsidiaries, prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP, for Management, Board, and external parties on a timeline and at quality level consistent with a U.S. public company
- Collaborate with Finance team leadership to produce timely Monthly Management Reporting with KPIs, driver based insights (the “Monthly KPI Deck”) and Budget variance analyses
- Evaluate business processes and drive process improvement and automation to increase control, improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide overall leadership to ensure that the company’s internal financial controls are effective
- Lead the preparation and filing of the Company’s bank and/or note covenant compliance certificate filings
- Partner with external taxation advisors for GAAP and taxation compliance domestically and internationally
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external auditors and other advisors, regulatory accounting staff, US GAAP and other standard-setting and regulatory authorities as necessary to ensure that the Company’s interests are well represented and understood
- Develop, motivate, and retain top talent, providing a high level of mentorship to create and maintain a best-in-class collaborative environment and timely, optimal problem-solving
- Other activities as may be assigned by your manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred or equivalent combination of experience
- CPA license, experience with Big-4 global or other international accounting firm required
- 20+ years of progressive accounting experience, with a minimum of 10+ years management and supervisory experience and knowledge of U.S. public company internal control and reporting requirements, including as a Chief Accounting Officer and/or “Principal Accounting Officer” for SEC Purposes
- Proven strong technical global financial controller of a private equity-owned or public financial services company in the Mortgage industry, with experience in closing cadence, process improvement, systems conversions, internal controls, management of multi-location accounting functions, and credibility with auditors. Strong GAAP knowledge and experience in application is key, public company reporting experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to implement process improvement, automate manual processes and/or system improvements and lead with purpose through periods of change
- Hands-on operator with good communication skills, a results-oriented collaborative style and proven track record leading, delegating and growing teams. An effective strategy for working remotely with internal and external teams is a key success factor for this role
- Solid knowledge of and experience with major general ledger systems, e.g., Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, QuickBooks, Oracle, and Business Intelligence reporting systems, e.g., Workday/Adaptive Insights, Tableau
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present effectively to all levels of management, including corporate executives, Business Unit Leaders and external service providers and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to use MS Excel and MS PowerPoint quickly and effectively
- The employee may be required to report to a different local office as a normal, contemplated, and mandated incident of their employment
- Travel to other Company offices as needed to build/enhance key relationships and ensure team focus and collaboration
- Office environment with frequent computer, mouse, keyboard use
- Alternating between sitting or standing as needed
- Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SitusAMC does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties. Any unsolicited resume submitted to SitusAMC in any manner will be considered SitusAMC property, and SitusAMC will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Remote, RE, USA
The annual full time base salary range for this role is ($182,000 - $337,000). Specific compensation is determined through interviews and a review of relevant education, experience, training, skills, geographic location and alignment with market data. Additionally, certain positions may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus as determined by bonus program guidelines, position eligibility and SitusAMC Senior Management approval. SitusAMC offers PTO and paid holidays, the terms of which are set forth in the program policies. All full time employees also are eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401K; in each case in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.