SitusAMC is where the best and most passionate people come to transform our client’s businesses and their own careers. Whether you’re a real estate veteran, a passionate technologist, or looking to get your start, join us as we work together to realize opportunities for everyone, we proudly serve.
At SitusAMC, we are looking to match your unique experience with one of our amazing careers, so that we can help you realize your potential and career growth within the Real Estate Industry. If you are someone who can be yourself, advocate for others, stay nimble, dream big, own every outcome, and think global but act local – come join our team!
This position will provide support to Legal Department attorneys and other professionals on contracts, projects, and other assigned matters. This position reports to the Senior Director, Deputy General Counsel and will work with legal and business partners across the company in furtherance of the firm’s business objectives in a collaborative and full-service in-house legal department.
This is a full time internship taking place from June 5th - August 10th.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review, analyze, draft responses, and negotiate requests for revisions to various agreements (including but not limited to NDAs, MSAs, SOWs, and vendor agreements) and identify exceptions for review by attorneys in line with applicable guidelines. Provide recommendations relating to any exceptions or escalations
- Maintain and revise contract templates for review by in-house attorneys, as necessary
- Lead and support various ad hoc projects within the Legal department
- Assist in maintaining contract and document management systems
- Communicate and collaborate with Sales, Finance, and other supporting cross-functional teams to answer questions and resolve issues related to commercial contracts
- Draft form contracts and correspondence using proper template and within established service levels
- Assist in mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic transactions, including due diligence, as needed
- Support other Legal professionals as needed, including but not limited to preparing PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets and other materials and communications, policy and process communications, litigation hold notices, and other matters, as needed
- Have strong knowledge and understanding of department policies and procedures as they relate to job function
- Consistently ensure that business is always conducted with integrity
- Such other activities as may be assigned by your manager and/or department attorneys
- Current full time student in Law School with an undergrad GPA of 3.2 or higher strongly preferred
- Demonstrate high academic achievement, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in business writing skills and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and analytically minded
- Ability to meet deadlines, self-motivated and execute at a high level
- Office environment with frequent computer, mouse, keyboard use
- Alternating between sitting or standing as needed
- Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping
The hourly rate for our undergraduate interns is anticipated to be $20/hour.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SitusAMC does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties. Any unsolicited resume submitted to SitusAMC in any manner will be considered SitusAMC property, and SitusAMC will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Remote, RE, USA