SitusAMC is where the best and most passionate people come to transform our client’s businesses and their own careers. Whether you’re a real estate veteran, a passionate technologist, or looking to get your start, join us as we work together to realize opportunities for everyone, we proudly serve.
At SitusAMC, we are looking to match your unique experience with one of our amazing careers, so that we can help you realize your potential and career growth within the Real Estate Industry. If you are someone who can be yourself, advocate for others, stay nimble, dream big, own every outcome, and think global but act local – come join our team!
Our client is within the Securitized Products Group within a premier global financial services Investment Bank. Their Whole Loan Financing group is consistently ranked among the top-10 global bookrunners. This firm is consistently looking to grow their platform and expand into new products, including a budding balance sheet lending programs.
SitusAMC will be acting in the agency capacity to source the candidate and the candidate will be an employee of the global investment bank.
Overall purpose of role:
Consumer Whole Loan Middle Office supports the Consumer Loan Trading Desk in its’ core Whole Loan Financing strategy in the secondary market. The Group supports a broad spectrum of consumer products (Student Loan, Automobile, Solar, Personal Loans and other). The group supports performing, non-performing and charged off receivables. The role is being created to address the continued growth and breadth of the Whole Loan Financing product suite as part of core Securitized Products business strategy.
The Securitized Products Middle Office team is expected to focus on controlling and safeguarding the firm’s assets while ensuring timely, accurate and efficient processing, confirmation and settlement of transactions while minimizing risk within the Middle Office as a Control function.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership:
- Oversee Consumer Whole Loan Middle Office in the purchase, sale, and servicing of consumer receivables such as student, automobile, solar panel and personal loans
- Oversee Consumer Whole Loan Servicing reporting for performing, non-performing and charged off receivables
- Lead the team as a key influencer in workflow management, process development and contributing to building the culture within the Securitized Products Middle Office
- Work with Trading, Finance, Credit, Operations, Technology management teams on building out the Consumer Whole Loan platform for the company and interface with customers, consumer loan servicers, and 3rd party custodians
- Develop F2B capabilities by building out transaction and data flow capabilities by leveraging Web Portal interfaces and managing large data interfaces with service providers
- Monitor daily workflows and queues to ensure that service levels are met; define and enhance performance metrics, and actively defines continuous improvements enhancements to drive efficiencies and control throughout product and transaction lifecycle events.
- Operate risk management controls to ensure compliance and meet operational SLA’s
- Support, recommend, define, and implement technology initiatives
- Act as the main point of escalation for all consumer loan support functions
- Responsible for all management and key performance metrics and related reporting
- Work with management and desk on identifying volume / capacity thresholds as the company builds out trading capabilities. Leverage resources to meet business demand, identify patterns and trends causing issues and develop appropriate solutions
- Monitor performance of staff according to established standards
- Engaging with and managing Business and IT relationships throughout Project Life cycle
- Has experience spearheading projects focusing on system development and migration
- Oversee employee task completion / validate controls by reviewing daily, weekly, monthly work product
- Process re-engineer to ensure operational efficiencies are maximized and / or address changes to regulatory and accounting framework.
- Establish, document, and maintain departmental procedures and system requirements
- Define UAT specifications and determine pass/fail thresholds prior to system deployment
- Identify, escalate, and define system gaps and remediation
- Minimum 5 years in the Consumer Loan industry with experience in Capital Markets transaction management and mortgage loan servicing. Firm understanding of loan origination processes, agency, and non-agency loan programs
- Experience with consumer loan servicing and investor reporting workflows and related reports (balance sheet, distribution summaries, escrow and tax reporting, collection reports.
- Experienced with consumer loan data attributes / consumer collateral files
- Excellent writing skills: ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal/external stakeholders
- Responsible for updating the firms balance sheet, accruals, and accounting entries
- Knowledge of consumer loan servicing regulatory and investor reporting requirements
- Advanced proficiency in Excel with ability to summarize data via formulas, lookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and perform in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Problem Solving (Real Time and Proactive approach to establishing robust and efficient processes / controls
- Ability to identify and define IT opportunities to automate and promote scale
- Work effectively across groups
- Engage with Trading, Legal, Customers, and Infrastructure Partners (Credit Risk, PCG, IT, Settlements, Reference Data, and Reconciliation departments)
- Interaction with all levels of management within the business and infrastructure groups
- Act as a point person on business and regulatory initiatives. Expected to create project documents, UAT test scripts and Q&A analysis
- Act as liaison between business and infrastructure partners. Should be able to clear articulate verbally and in written all business requirement
Decision-making and Problem Solving:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong analytical ability. The role requires a strong attention to detail and ability to identify issues across multiple systems and process flows.
- Requires individual who has the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Needs to identify control gaps and process inefficiencies and develop a plan to leverage automation. Work closely with IT partners to identify cost effective plan to increase efficiency.
- Worked closely with colleagues to develop their business knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Risk and Control: All colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and Internal Policies and Policy Standards
Risk and Control Objective:
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and Internal Policies and Policy Standards
- Basic Qualifications/Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Consumer Finance receivables, collections, servicing, and investor reporting
- 5+ years’ experience with Residential and /or Consumer Loan Settlement. Knowledge of
- Consumer Loan Purchase and Sale Agreements, Servicing and Custodial Agreements a must
- Strong Investor Reporting and Consumer Servicing knowledge is required
- 5+ years’ industry experience
The annual full time base salary range for this role is ($165,000 - $185,000). Specific compensation is determined through interviews and a review of relevant education, experience, training, skills, geographic location and alignment with market data. Additionally, certain positions may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus as determined by bonus program guidelines, position eligibility and SitusAMC Senior Management approval. SitusAMC offers PTO and paid holidays, the terms of which are set forth in the program policies. All full time employees also are eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401K; in each case in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SitusAMC does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties. Any unsolicited resume submitted to SitusAMC in any manner will be considered SitusAMC property, and SitusAMC will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.