SitusAMC is where the best and most passionate people come to transform our client’s businesses and their own careers. Whether you’re a real estate veteran, a passionate technologist, or looking to get your start, join us as we work together to realize opportunities for everyone, we proudly serve.
At SitusAMC, we are looking to match your unique experience with one of our amazing careers, so that we can help you realize your potential and career growth within the Real Estate Industry. If you are someone who can be yourself, advocate for others, stay nimble, dream big, own every outcome, and think global but act local – come join our team!
Hanover Street Capital, LLC (“Hanover Street") operates as a fully dedicated platform assisting Deutsche Bank’s Commercial Real Estate Group with its $20+ bn loan portfolio. We provide a comprehensive suite of services across commercial real estate transactions and are uniquely positioned to apply our expertise and flexibility of resources to help our client solve any problem, make informed decisions, and maximize the value of their assets. With practice teams dedicated to commercial real estate loan originations, asset and portfolio management, loan servicing and administration, and transaction management, we offer a broad range of capabilities across all CRE property and credit types ranging from senior mortgages to subordinate debt. Established in 2012, Hanover Street is a wholly owned subsidiary of SitusAMC.
This position will be responsible for the management of a diverse portfolio of loan and debt financings including construction/renovation loans, syndications, secured and unsecured debt transactions, multi-currency, and project financings on behalf of Deutsche Bank.
This position is New York City based and requires a minimum 3 days in person.
Essential Job Functions:
- Position will include responsibilities related to managing a portfolio of loans secured by transitional real estate assets including real estate development.
- Be the asset management contact for client, borrowers, co-lenders and staff.
- Review financial statements, perform financial analysis, develop excel based models, and contribute to the development of optimal resolution strategies.
- Review file documentation, completing file inventory, identifying file deficiencies and obtaining additional documentation where necessary.
- Develop and present solutions addressing any performance issues and recommending other activities or course(s) of action to resolve the same.
- Execute approved solutions.
- Oversight and verification of construction draw process including, requisition review, anticipated cost report, budget tracking, use of contingency, lien waivers, disbursement tracking, as well as attend requisition meetings.
- Overseeing the collection and remittance of payments
- Overseeing the verification and payment of taxes and insurance
- Perform site visits.
- Perform market research and property valuation as needed.
- Monthly reporting of asset performance
- Working as an intermediary between borrowers and lenders to handle any special requests that the borrower or lender may have of each other.
- Works independently on projects and also collaborates ‘face to face’ as a team player.
- Negotiate, gain approval, and work w/ counsel to document and close loan modifications.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience related to commercial real estate, including construction.
- Strong analytical skills, including experience reviewing financial documents, loan documents and construction documents, as well as underwriting cashflows
- Required Education from an accredited Institution: Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus.
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Analytical skills to understand complex commercial loan documents and borrower financial statements
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility in working with team members to meet deadlines
- MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Experience with workouts and distressed debt asset management
- Argus a plus
Key Success Factors:
- Ability to learn and comprehend information quickly
- Willingness and motivation to make the group successful
- Pro-active approach to increasing knowledge of process and terminology of RE
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment running multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task
- Great interpersonal skills.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on Hanover Street’s business and culture
- Ability to be flexible in working with team members to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact easily at all levels of the organization.
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
Required Performance Behaviors:
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers or the public
- Work with all needed mathematical concepts to develop correct solutions and situations
- Write professional reports, business correspondence.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Prepare and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Office environment with frequent computer, mouse, keyboard use
- Alternating between sitting or standing as needed
- Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SitusAMC does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties. Any unsolicited resume submitted to SitusAMC in any manner will be considered SitusAMC property, and SitusAMC will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
New York, NY, USA
The annual full time base salary range for this role is ($130,000 - $250,000). Specific compensation is determined through interviews and a review of relevant education, experience, training, skills, geographic location and alignment with market data. Additionally, certain positions may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus as determined by bonus program guidelines, position eligibility and SitusAMC Senior Management approval. SitusAMC offers PTO and paid holidays, the terms of which are set forth in the program policies. All full time employees also are eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401K; in each case in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.