SitusAMC is where the best and most passionate people come to transform our client’s businesses and their own careers. Whether you’re a real estate veteran, a passionate technologist, or looking to get your start, join us as we work together to realize opportunities for everyone, we proudly serve.
At SitusAMC, we are looking to match your unique experience with one of our amazing careers, so that we can help you realize your potential and career growth within the Real Estate Industry. If you are someone who can be yourself, advocate for others, stay nimble, dream big, own every outcome, and think global but act local – come join our team!
The Senior Tax Accountant will fill a key role within the accounting department by performing a variety of tax accounting responsibilities. The successful candidate will be able to function well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that rewards motivated employees with ever increasing responsibility and challenge. Must be a self-starter who is flexible and willing to collaborate with others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support in the preparation of quarterly statutory and the annual GAAP tax provision workpapers
- Support external public accounting firm in all document requests related to tax filings
- Perform tax research on diverse tax issues (e.g., U.S. federal and state income tax, sales tax, etc.)
- Interact with and manage outside tax and legal advisors on tax related projects
- Interact with federal and state tax authorities as necessary on information requests and audits
- Ensure reporting/payments of taxes and fees are performed timely and accurately
- Interact with internal team members on tax projects/questions and customer information requests
- Stay abreast of new developments in tax principles with potential company relevance
- Analyses and Maintenance of tax related general ledger accounts
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Other activities as may be assigned by your manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a tax related position at professional level, preferably with a company that had multiple business lines and international subsidiaries
- Experience with sales and use tax strongly preferred, Avalara experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with business operations management
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a high degree of proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of ERP (preferably Workday) with the ability to recommend changes and upgrades to meet the needs of the business.
- Mix of public accounting and industry experience.
- The employee may be required to report to a different local office as a normal, contemplated, and mandated incident of their employment
- Office environment with frequent computer, mouse, keyboard use
- Alternating between sitting or standing as needed
- Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SitusAMC does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties. Any unsolicited resume submitted to SitusAMC in any manner will be considered SitusAMC property, and SitusAMC will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Houston, TX, USA
The annual full time base salary range for this role is ($56,000 - $110,000). Specific compensation is determined through interviews and a review of relevant education, experience, training, skills, geographic location and alignment with market data. Additionally, certain positions may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus as determined by bonus program guidelines, position eligibility and SitusAMC Senior Management approval. SitusAMC offers PTO and paid holidays, the terms of which are set forth in the program policies. All full time employees also are eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401K; in each case in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.