SitusAMC is where the best and most passionate people come to transform our client’s businesses and their own careers. Whether you’re a real estate veteran, a passionate technologist, or looking to get your start, join us as we work together to realize opportunities for everyone, we proudly serve.
At SitusAMC, we are looking to match your unique experience with one of our amazing careers, so that we can help you realize your potential and career growth within the Real Estate Industry. If you are someone who can be yourself, advocate for others, stay nimble, dream big, own every outcome, and think global but act local – come join our team!
The Global Operations Controller will assist the Chief Financial Officer in building a best-in-class Controllership Organization for Commercial and Residential Real Estate operations in the US and Europe, India Shared Services, and Corporate Function operations.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and partnering across Finance and cross-functionally, they will transform processes by driving improvement, automation, and offshoring to Shared Services in India. The transformation will emphasize speed, accuracy, and efficiency, and will include building and reporting detailed key financial measures, metrics and analytics by Segment, Product, Client and Investments for effective management decision making.
The role is remote, with travel to other Company offices as needed to build/enhance key relationships and ensure team focus and collaboration. The accounting team works remotely from the Company’s offices in Houston, TX and India.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify areas of process improvement include optimizing current multi-Bank cash structure, automating, and offshoring accounts payable and disbursement processes and improving invoicing and cash application efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop global Cash Management strategies aligned to Enterprise growth plans focusing on optimizing the Company’s cash position and including sensitivity analyses, scenario planning and risk assessment
- Develop robust financial reporting and forecasting tools and variance analyses to enable timely management of debt and foreign exchange decision making
- Results oriented and operate with a process improvement and execution mindset; will be hands-on, detail oriented, and technically strong in GAAP and Controllership
- Help build a highly motivated and collaborative team through recruiting, developing and retaining high-performing individuals, while inspiring commitment, energizing and motivating team members to achieve targeted outcomes
- Other activities as may be assigned by your manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 15+ years of progressive Controllership and Cash Management experience
- Experienced in Controllership, Cash Management and Treasury best practices, with strong analytic and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail and a broad business perspective are critical success factors for this position.
- Mortgage industry experience with private equity or public financial services company. Global, multi-currency experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement through simplification and/or automation as required, while leading with purpose through periods of change.
- Hands-on operator with good communication skills, results-oriented collaborative style and proven track record leading, delegating and growing teams. An effective strategy for working remotely with internal and external teams is a key success factor for this role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present effectively to all levels of management, including corporate executives, Business Unit Leaders and external service providers and stakeholders.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to use MS Excel and MS PowerPoint quickly and effectively as required
- The employee may be required to report to a different local office as a normal, contemplated, and mandated incident of their employment
- Travel to other Company offices as needed to build/enhance key relationships and ensure team focus and collaboration, international travel may be required
- Office environment with frequent computer, mouse, keyboard use
- Alternating between sitting or standing as needed
- Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SitusAMC does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties. Any unsolicited resume submitted to SitusAMC in any manner will be considered SitusAMC property, and SitusAMC will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Remote, RE, USA
The annual full time base salary range for this role is ($182,000 - $337,000). Specific compensation is determined through interviews and a review of relevant education, experience, training, skills, geographic location and alignment with market data. Additionally, certain positions may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus as determined by bonus program guidelines, position eligibility and SitusAMC Senior Management approval. SitusAMC offers PTO and paid holidays, the terms of which are set forth in the program policies. All full time employees also are eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401K; in each case in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.