We are looking for a transaction manager for our client, a multi-billion-dollar financial services institution. The role provides an exceptional opportunity to work in a broad range of real estate financing capacities and across a diverse mixture of loan products that cover a variety of collateral types. Such capacities include structuring new loan products with the team head; working with originators, the credit team, and business heads to draft, negotiate, and finalize term sheets; working with external counsel on active deals; working with underwriters to diligence the collateral; working with closers to close deals; and working with the asset management team on various loan servicing matters. Such loan products include fixed rate loans of varying maturity terms (both recourse and non-recourse); floating rate loans on stabilized assets; floating rate loans on transitional assets (a substantial portion with future advances or customized reserve structures); and senior/subordinate loans under various structures.
- Manages documentation, closing, and asset management needs of a diverse, complex portfolio of commercial real estate loans (including loans under various types of senior/subordinate structures).
- Understands complex commercial banking and commercial real estate loan terms, structures, and concepts; serves as a source of knowledge and subject matter expert to the broader group on complex CRE transactions; identifies potential problems and solutions.
- Engages and manages external counsel to prepare and finalize loan documents in accordance with policy, credit standards, and particular deal approvals.
- Drafts and revises term sheets, working together with originators and other business team members.
- Spots issues with respect to loan diligence materials and works together with external counsel and deal team to address effectively.
- Ensures that loans and documentation thereof comply with applicable internal guidelines and procedures as well as external requirements (e.g., regulatory requirements).
- Reviews and facilitates finalization of the aspects of asset summary reports that relate to loan documentation or legal diligence.
- Negotiates loan documents to reduce or eliminate various legal and other risks to the company.
- Mitigates documentation and operational risks to the company.
- Supervises all closing activities.
- Supports asset management team on issues that may arise on closed loans, including review and analysis of related loan documentation.
- Assists in internal KYC processes.
- Minimum five years of proven and progressive commercial real estate transaction experience at a law firm.
- Extensive experience with both fixed rate and floating rate loans.
- A law degree from an accredited institution.
- Ability to make decisions or scope solutions independently, and as appropriate, together with external counsel, deal team members, business partners, and other resources to provide efficient and appropriate solutions to issues as they arise.
- Strong knowledge of commercial real estate documentation, risk management, commercial real estate loan products, servicing principles for commercial real estate loans, and pertinent state laws governing commercial mortgages or relating to real estate transactions.
- Ability to identify, assess, and mitigate risks relating to loan diligence and/or closing processes, as well as ensuring adherence to banking rules and regulations and internal policies and procedures while recognizing the unique, individualized nature of each commercial real estate transaction.
- Strong and effective communication, analytical, effective decision-making, organizational, follow-up, and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to evaluate situations on a case by case basis and work independently to develop and implement solutions.
The annual full time base salary range for this role is ($250,000 - $300,000). Specific compensation is determined through interviews and a review of relevant education, experience, training, skills, geographic location and alignment with market data. Additionally, certain positions may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus as determined by bonus program guidelines, position eligibility and SitusAMC Senior Management approval. SitusAMC offers PTO and paid holidays, the terms of which are set forth in the program policies. All full time employees also are eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401K; in each case in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.