SitusAMC is where the best and most passionate people come to transform our client’s businesses and their own careers. Whether you’re a real estate veteran, a passionate technologist, or looking to get your start, join us as we work together to realize opportunities for everyone, we proudly serve.
At SitusAMC, we are looking to match your unique experience with one of our amazing careers, so that we can help you realize your potential and career growth within the Real Estate Industry. If you are someone who can be yourself, advocate for others, stay nimble, dream big, own every outcome, and think global but act local – come join our team!
The Client Relationship Manager (CRM) will provide tactical and strategic direction and oversight for the asset management and primary servicing functions for a leading Private Equity Client. This position, based in New York City, will report directly to the Senior Director of Client Services, and will be required to be in the SitusAMC (SAMC) or Client offices a minimum of 4 days a week. The CRM will have oversight of a ~30-person team geographically located across the US.
The CRM will have responsibility for developing and improving the vision, team, and infrastructure for the Client platform. The ideal candidate should possess substantial experience in operational and business leadership and bring a track record of developing and scaling a best-in-class organization. The CRM should be comfortable driving performance, establishing goals, hiring, managing, and mentoring across varying levels and functions. This is an important leadership role that requires the individual to exhibit both a strong entrepreneurial drive and collaborative spirit in partnership with the Client’s debt team. The role requires hands-on management skills together with providing strategic direction of the day-to-day operation of the department and will be accountable for full life cycle of a loan from deal onboarding/handoff post-origination to final payoff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build a best-in-class asset management team, infrastructure, and processes to proactively perform asset management and monitoring as well as portfolio reporting responsibilities
- Adopt and instill core team values and culture across asset management team including collaboration, growth mindset, leading responsibly and focus on expanding opportunity
- Develop optimal organizational structure and high-performing team in a sustainably profitable manner with the ability to scale to meet the expected growth of the CRE debt portfolio
- Operate in close partnership with Client Debt team including both client asset management and origination teams as well as with SAMC SAM Leadership
- Establish key physical office hubs to serve as centers of excellence in recruiting and training employees
- Leverage existing and new operating processes, KPI tracking, and technology to maximize the platform’s scalability, productivity, and efficiency
- Manage relationships and negotiations with primary loan servicers and other third-party vendors
- Coordinate and communicate/share best practices with London asset management counterparts
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred field of study; accounting, finance, real estate, management; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience gained in an established real estate debt business, advisory firm, asset services platform, mortgage REIT or investment bank with significant CRE debt and structured finance knowledge
- Track record of building and managing high-performing teams and implementing processes and technology to drive results
- Problem solving mindset with eye towards proposing and implementing sustainable solutions vs. one-off fixes
- Strong execution and project management skills, sense of ownership, urgency, strong work ethic, and highly organized with ability to multi-task across multiple active projects
- Demonstrate high proficiency in developing and managing individuals and working with leadership and counterparts
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and interact effectively with Client’s debt team and key stakeholders/investors
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess a commitment to teamwork and team building within an energetic, collaborative, and collegial environment
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter, driven and resourceful
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SitusAMC does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties. Any unsolicited resume submitted to SitusAMC in any manner will be considered SitusAMC property, and SitusAMC will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
New York, NY, USA
The annual full time base salary range for this role is ($120,000 - $280,000). Specific compensation is determined through interviews and a review of relevant education, experience, training, skills, geographic location and alignment with market data. Additionally, certain positions may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus as determined by bonus program guidelines, position eligibility and SitusAMC Senior Management approval. SitusAMC offers PTO and paid holidays, the terms of which are set forth in the program policies. All full time employees also are eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401K; in each case in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.