SitusAMC is where the best and most passionate people come to transform our client’s businesses and their own careers. Whether you’re a real estate veteran, a passionate technologist, or looking to get your start, join us as we work together to realize opportunities for everyone, we proudly serve.
At SitusAMC, we are looking to match your unique experience with one of our amazing careers, so that we can help you realize your potential and career growth within the Real Estate Industry. If you are someone who can be yourself, advocate for others, stay nimble, dream big, own every outcome, and think global but act local – come join our team!
This role will primarily focus on the overall management of compliance with some audit related activities ensuring proper oversight of our client’s portfolios of commercial real estate loans. This position will have a high level of interaction and communication with senior management, SAM staff and third parties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the compliance related functions including but not limited to the client Annual Statement of Compliance review and distribution process, vendor management oversight, OFAC screenings, employee training monitoring, licensing renewals, operational risk tracking and investigation
- Facilitate, monitor, and complete compliance related requests from various credit agencies and clients (including partnering with various corporate level departments).
- Serve as compliance advisor for area units including but not limited to creating compliance bulletins with hot topics, monitoring operating procedures for adherence to requirements, providing compliance perspective for operational projects and initiatives.
- Assist in all aspects of Internal Control Reviews (i.e. planning, fieldwork and reporting phases) including conducting walkthroughs and performing testing to assess the design/operating effectiveness of area controls accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and document findings and recommendations.
- Assist in the coordination of external examinations by Credit Rating Agencies and External Audit (SOC 1 and Reg AB) including the monitoring of audit progress to ensure milestones are met timely and communicated appropriately.
- Participate in the annual Risk and Control Self-Assessment process including the identification of emerging risk and conduct the testing over increased-risk areas identified.
- Involvement in issue management such as tracking the status of open findings and performing validation testing over remediated findings.
- Engage and coordinate with business lines to draft/review policy and procedures, as necessary.
- Develop value-added relationships with process owners and business unit management.
- Stay informed of changes in industry standards.
- Perform other projects, reviews, and activities on an ad-hoc basis as assigned by management.
- Assist in annual and ongoing Sub-servicer and Client audit requirements and requests.
- Assist in the function ownership of certain key processes including activity focused licensing requirements and annual/ongoing reporting requirements (MBA Annual Servicing Survey and Maturity Report/OFAC)
- Bachelor’s degree; preferred field of study: real estate, finance/accounting, business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years’ experience in audit, compliance, commercial real estate, cash management, loan servicing or escrow management
- High comfort level with use of various industry related software systems
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong analytical abilities, good judgment, strategic and process thinking
- Detail oriented
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to work as a team player
- Pro-active approach to problem recognition and resolution
- The employee may be required to report to a different local office as a normal, contemplated, and mandated incident of their employment
- Office environment with frequent computer, mouse, keyboard use
- Alternating between sitting or standing as needed
- Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SitusAMC does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties. Any unsolicited resume submitted to SitusAMC in any manner will be considered SitusAMC property, and SitusAMC will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Atlanta, GA, USA; Houston, TX, USA; Overland Park, KS, USA; Plymouth Meeting, PA, USA
The annual full time base salary range for this role is ($65,000 - $110,000). Specific compensation is determined through interviews and a review of relevant education, experience, training, skills, geographic location and alignment with market data. Additionally, certain positions may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus as determined by bonus program guidelines, position eligibility and SitusAMC Senior Management approval. SitusAMC offers PTO and paid holidays, the terms of which are set forth in the program policies. All full time employees also are eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401K; in each case in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.