SitusAMC is where the best and most passionate people come to transform our client’s businesses and their own careers. Whether you’re a real estate veteran, a passionate technologist, or looking to get your start, join us as we work together to realize opportunities for everyone, we proudly serve.
At SitusAMC, we are looking to match your unique experience with one of our amazing careers, so that we can help you realize your potential and career growth within the Real Estate Industry. If you are someone who can be yourself, advocate for others, stay nimble, dream big, own every outcome, and think global but act local – come join our team!
Our client is the Commercial Real Estate Finance group within the investment bank of a premier European-based global financial services institution located in New York City. Their real estate group is consistently ranked among the top-10 global and US real estate lenders, and they consistently look to grow their platform and expand into new products.
We are looking for an individual that is seeking an exciting opportunity in the asset management of a large and diverse portfolio of commercial real estate debt solutions including syndicated balance sheet loans and acquisition facilities. The asset management effort is a very hands-on role and will involve interfacing with senior leadership across the platform, providing an excellent opportunity for learning and career growth. Candidates would ideally have 2-4 years of experience in commercial real estate asset management, loan servicing or underwriting with a bank, investor, asset manager or third-party loan servicer. This role is targeting individuals in the New York City office.
- Assist the Asset Management Team in all aspects of the asset management of a large and diverse commercial real estate loan portfolio including syndicated balance sheet loans and acquisition facilities.
- Analyze property financials in order to monitor and report on asset performance. Assist in the in the preparation of quarterly portfolio reviews.
- Review and evaluate Sponsor requests for escrow/future funding draws for renovations, capital expenditures, tenant improvements, leasing costs and other operating reserves.
- Assist in the evaluation, approval process and co-lender coordination of any Sponsor requested loan modifications.
- Review Guarantor and Borrower annual and quarterly financial statements to assess the financial strength of Sponsors and ensure covenant compliance.
- Partner with internal groups to respond to ad-hoc requests or compliance with various policies and procedures.
- Perform site inspections and market tours to assess market conditions and property comparables.
- Provide analytical support to the underwriting and closing of additional properties or collateral to acquisition facilities. Analyze, approve, and coordinate property releases.
Skills & Experience:
At this time, Situs does not sponsor any new applicants for work authorization. You must be authorized to work in the United States for continuous employment without any Company sponsorship to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree from a highly regarded, accredited institution.
- 2-3 years of experience asset managing or underwriting commercial real estate loans.
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to work as part of a larger team.
- Detail oriented with very strong organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong financial modelling / Excel skills; Argus proficiency is preferred.
- Familiarity with market research sources such as RCA, CoStar, Reis, etc.
- Experience with complex loan structures and documentation.
- At this time, Situs does not sponsor any new applicants for work authorization. You must be authorized to work in the United States for continuous employment without any Company sponsorship to be considered.
- This position must possess and maintain a current, valid Driver's License
The annual full time base salary range for this role is ($100,000 - $110,000). Specific compensation is determined through interviews and a review of relevant education, experience, training, skills, geographic location and alignment with market data. Additionally, certain positions may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus as determined by bonus program guidelines, position eligibility and SitusAMC Senior Management approval. SitusAMC offers PTO and paid holidays, the terms of which are set forth in the program policies. All full time employees also are eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401K; in each case in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SitusAMC does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties. Any unsolicited resume submitted to SitusAMC in any manner will be considered SitusAMC property, and SitusAMC will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.