SitusAMC is where the best and most passionate people come to transform our client’s businesses and their own careers. Whether you’re a real estate veteran, a passionate technologist, or looking to get your start, join us as we work together to realize opportunities for everyone, we proudly serve.
At SitusAMC, we are looking to match your unique experience with one of our amazing careers, so that we can help you realize your potential and career growth within the Real Estate Industry. If you are someone who can be yourself, advocate for others, stay nimble, dream big, own every outcome, and think global but act local – come join our team!
The Intern, Securitization role will provide support in the delivery of due diligence and real estate analysis for Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities, agency multifamily, securitization and other commercial real estate loan underwriting and debt consulting services. This role involves participating in managing multiple transactions with multiple clients under tight timelines.
This is a temporary full time internship taking place from June 5th - August 10th. The Intern is required to be in the NYC office 2 - 3 days per week. We will not be providing relocation assistance at this time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide analytical support, to include data extraction, in the underwriting and closing of commercial real estate loans or securitizations or affordable housing loans on behalf of our clients
- Extract, review, analyze and/or interpret financial operating statements, rent rolls, third party reports, tenant lease agreements, surveys, title reports, zoning reports, property insurance policies, credit reports, and other due diligence requirements
- Research, analyze and summarize tenant level information including financial trends and credit ratings or stock market capitalization
- Research, analyze and summarize market and submarket information including inventory, absorption, new/proposed development, and rent and vacancy trends
- Extract pertinent data from appraisal, engineering, environmental and other reports
- Write property, market, borrower/sponsor descriptions, and third-party report summaries that will be included in credit memos and asset summary reports
- Such other activities as may be assigned by your manager
- Rising senior actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in preferred field of study to include finance, real estate, accounting, economics and/or business administration
- Requires proficiency in business writing skills and strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and analytically minded
- Ability to meet deadlines, self-motivated and execute at a high level
- Proficient computer skills (Excel skills are a must)
- Desire to learn commercial real estate and finance
- Office environment with frequent computer, mouse, keyboard use
- Alternating between sitting or standing as needed
- Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SitusAMC does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties. Any unsolicited resume submitted to SitusAMC in any manner will be considered SitusAMC property, and SitusAMC will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
New York, NY, USA
The annual full time base salary range for this role is ($20.00/hour - $). Specific compensation is determined through interviews and a review of relevant education, experience, training, skills, geographic location and alignment with market data. Additionally, certain positions may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus as determined by bonus program guidelines, position eligibility and SitusAMC Senior Management approval. SitusAMC offers PTO and paid holidays, the terms of which are set forth in the program policies. All full time employees also are eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401K; in each case in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.