SitusAMC is where the best and most passionate people come to transform our client’s businesses and their own careers. Whether you’re a real estate veteran, a passionate technologist, or looking to get your start, join us as we work together to realize opportunities for everyone, we proudly serve.
At SitusAMC, we are looking to match your unique experience with one of our amazing careers, so that we can help you realize your potential and career growth within the Real Estate Industry. If you are someone who can be yourself, advocate for others, stay nimble, dream big, own every outcome, and think global but act local – come join our team!
The internship role provides in-depth exposure to the accounting profession where the candidate will receive guidance and work closely with experienced accounting professionals. This individual will fill a key role within the finance department by performing a variety of general accounting responsibilities. The successful candidate will be able to function well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that rewards motivated employees with ever increasing responsibility and challenge. Must be a self-starter who is flexible and willing to collaborate with others.
This is a full time internship taking place from June 5th - August 10th. The Intern will be expected to be on-site in our Houston office at least 2 days per week. We will not be providing relocation assistance at this time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with month-end close activities by applying complex, specialized accounting principles
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages and executive summary results
- Prepare journal entries for various accounting cycles, including revenue, operating expenses, and payroll
- Perform monthly reconciliations of various balance sheet accounts, prepare adjusting journal entries as needed, and maintain complete and accurate documentation of the reconciliations
- Work closely with accounting management team to identify and drive change regarding system automation and process streamlining
- Assist with various ongoing projects as necessary
- Other activities as may be assigned by your manager
Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and have successfully completed two (2) courses in Accounting
- Student must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills preferred - ability to create formulas (including V-lookups) and pivot tables
- The employee may be required to report to a different local office as a normal, contemplated, and mandated incident of their employment
- Office environment with frequent computer, mouse, keyboard use
- Alternating between sitting or standing as needed
- Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping
The hourly rate for our undergraduate interns is anticipated to be $20/hour.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SitusAMC does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties. Any unsolicited resume submitted to SitusAMC in any manner will be considered SitusAMC property, and SitusAMC will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Houston, TX, USA
The base salary range for this role is ($20.00/hour - $). Specific compensation is determined through interviews and a review of relevant education, experience, training, skills, geographic location and alignment with market data. Additionally, certain positions may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus as determined by bonus program guidelines, position eligibility and SitusAMC Senior Management approval. SitusAMC offers PTO and paid holidays, the terms of which are set forth in the program policies. All full time employees also are eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401K; in each case in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.